The one and only Scirocket

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Getting the team together

I'd be remiss if I didn't tell you about how we got together.

I wanted to do the LeMons thing, so I started asking people who I thought might be like-minded. Ideally, everyone would know something about VWs, because that's what I know most about. Paul, Joe, and Brian jumped in immediately. Paul and Joe had a Spec Miata at one point and missed the thrill, and Brian wanted to get more track time and real wheel-to-wheel experience. Our ace Scirocco guy, Nico got himself moved for work, so we had to find a couple of people to fill the remaining seats. Tom and Matt had been batting the idea around for a while, even had picked up a BABE car (the condiment car) from my former BABE teammates, but hadn't got their efforts focused. When we offered the opportunity to glom on, they jumped in feet-first. Both proved to be valuable additions, especially at the track.

Not too bad for starting with a post on a message board that said "I want to run the LeMons. Who's in?"

Fun fact: All of the team members shy of Brian own TDIs. We would race a TDI, but Brian's our engine expert, and he knows 2.sl0s. The rest of us are learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment